The first one I did was for my sister-in-law who is a cat lover and rescuer. The original had wool and rick rack for the whiskers. I did cotton fabric freezer paper applique and stitched the whiskers-just don't like rick rack!
|I will not be using rick rack as stems-don't know what I will be using but it won't be rick rack|
|I chose red-orange, grays/blacks, yellow, yellow green, and turquoise and about 1/2 are batiks so it will hopefully more whimsical than primitive-we'll see:)|
Pat asked me in the Bird Brain class if the pieces could be production line pieced and my response was "no" but today as I was looking at the large box of pieces I thought I would try it.
|I took one section at a time and sewed it together in number order|
|Adding a leader before the first piece helped identify the ends of the pieces|
|The leaders and enders end up as blocks on their own and a lot of thread is saved|
|Iron and stack pieces from last piece stitched to first (that is where the leader comes in handy)|
|just have the bottom to sew on|
|Last two to iron and stack|