Sunday, April 12, 2015

Trains, Planes and Automobiles

I bought my Greg a train trip for his 70th.  He loves trains but we have never taken an overnight trip on one.  It was wonderful!  We hopped on at 7am in Oceanside, CA and ended up in Seattle, WA.
Greg and my feet  in our little roomette

between LA and Santa Barbara

Cali coast is awesome

Woke up to this-Mt Shasta area

Greg in the parlor car

Parlor car

Me

Our roof view
Stopped overnight in Eugene to visit the Enquists and Johnsons who drove up from Medford

Columbia river


Washington somewhere

Add caption Washington sunset

Ava's 5th birthday

Future model's "workin' it"
 Went to El Camino quilt guild for a Mary Lou Weidman trunk show
New moose pattern



I just love her work!  Lastly, I finished my encrusted name tag-just looking for a mule to carry it-it is a little heavy but I liked making it.


2 comments:

magnoliasntea said...

Hi Elaine! Lovely post - I adore train rides, but I've only done short ones. It's so nice to leave the driving to someone else.
How fun to see your granddaughters...love the pink and blue shoes especially. That moose quilt is so cute, too.
Hope your week is great!

magnoliasntea said...

My hair trigger clicking abilities overrode my intention of commenting on your encrusted name tag...now, that's a name tag. I love it! Please use that one when you make me a quilt. ROFL! jk I'm kiddin', seriously.