Friday, June 25, 2021

365 Challenge

 Katherine Kerr designed a beautiful quilt that has 365 different blocks in it.  Participants are supposed to get it done in a year.  This is my 3rd or 4th year and so far I have January and February completely done, march almost 1/2 way and April a couple of blocks from totally done.  I am going to love it when I finish! Someday. 













Several years ago I asked family and a few friends if they would like a quilt from me.  I have gotten quite a few done and am down to the last 5,  My sister-in-law, Marta, my best friend, Chris, her daughter, Jessica and our foster son Karece. and my friend, Karen.  I am working on Chris's right now.  All the others are good sized lap quilts but Chris wanted a king.  Because she is my bestie, she gets it.  Need to put on 3 more borders-2 plain and 1 border of 12" pieced stars.  This is a Kaffe Fassett design out of his Cotswold book.



I started Karece's quilt several years ago-just need to finish it.  Jan Krentz pattern


Jessica's pieces are done-just need to assemble.  A Bonnie Hunter design



So, I have this year booked with projects.  Not starting any new ones.  I am excited that of the 5 quilts, 3 are at least 1/2 done.  




No comments: