This is the first quilt I have made without a border and I like it. I had put together the middle row with 3 of the blocks turned 90 degrees and didn't notice it until I sewed the whole top together so had about 3 hours of rippin and fixin but I got it back together. The pattern actually looked little like this quilt-it was square, had borders and the colors were not a strong contrast and were placed more randomly so the strong geometric design was lost.
|I quilted 1/4 inch to the right on most seams|
|A quick label made out of 2 leftover triangles-blue 1/2 squares bought at a garage sale, white and blue backing bought at M&L in Huntington Beach, yellow bought from Quilt in a Day and blue and white print from The Crazy 9 Patch in Ramona.|
I did a couple of shortcuts because I was in a hurry and Tom isn't a quilter, so he won't notice. I glued down the binding after sewing it to the front and ironed it in place. I always hand stitch my bindings but I needed it done so I could pack it-so I put invisible thread in bobbin and on top and sewed the whole binging on by machine. I didn't miter the corners-just turned the top and bottom borders in 1/4 inch on the ends and zigzagged the ends with the invisible thread. I also sewed the label on by machine which I would never do. All that said-it looks nice and I know he will like it. Sometimes it is better to get it in the hands of the recipient in a timely manner than sweat the small stuff-at least that is my thought for today! Won't be posting for another week while I am in Seattle with the grands.