Saturday, March 22, 2014

Purple Maze

This pattern is out of  Kathy Doughty's Making Quilts. Her original version is called Red Center and it is smaller than this will be.  Purple Maze will fit our Queen Bed, will be 21x21 4.5"squares with 2 borders: a skinny green and then a 4.5 inch piano key border left over from end of the row scraps.  I bought this fabric almost 4 years ago with another design in mind.  Still love the fabric and even bought 6 yards for a back which is beautiful on its own.  Then i saw Red Center and knew this was the design for that fabric.

Layed out 4.5 strips 6 deep and cut at 5" then cut through stack at angle near middle




I Then shuffled the pack, slipping the top left piece only-to the bottom of the pack.  Then you gather the pairs-making sure they stay pairs and assembly sew away.  Iron open.

      
All strips cut and laid in stacks of six


So nice to see something else on the design wall




All lined up and ready for today except I got "0" sleep last night because of not being able to breathe-so today will not be a sewing day as I hoped it would be.  Also-that is what tomorrow is created for:)
This is the project I am choosing for my April finish for A lovely year of Finishes..  Check out the button on my sidebar

2 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

Wow! I envy you jumping into a big new project. I can't wait to see how this goes together.

auntie sash said...

What a great looking project. This will be fun to put together I bet. All those little pieces will add up quickly!