Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Buried in Paperwork

I thought getting the contracts back in from the 7 speakers we are having next year at Friendship Quilters was the largest part of my job-HA! I finally finished the proposed budget yesterday and am about 1/4 done with the brochure.  Then I need to make and print up the sign-up forms and finish the gift bags and . . . However, it has been fun working with the board-a lovely group of ladies-and connecting with speakers I admire.  A lot of self imposed pressure hoping the guild will like them as much as I do. We are having: Helene Knott, Bonnie Hunter, Jan Krentz, Julia Zgliniec, Sally Collins, Patricia Pepe and Lenore Crawford.  I would love to see all of them but I am particularly bummed that I won't be able to see Lenore Crawford because of our proposed move.  She does the type of quilts I would love to do and hope to do in the future.

Since I don't have a WIP (except for the spray basted baby quilt) I will feature the dog of my heart.  She loves a ball more than any dog we have ever had.  I love our Lizzy.

After a long drought we are finally getting several days of rain-YAY!  We were planning a garage sale for Saturday, but I'd rather have the rain.

Prayer request: Our youngest granddaughter, Sloanie, is in ICU with a respiratory virus.  This is the 3rd or 4th time she has been hospitalized in the last year for respiratory issues.

3 comments:

magnoliasntea said...

Yay for rain! I'll be praying for your granddaughter. Have a great day.

Quiltedtime said...

Definitely prayers are going out to Sloan.

The business side of guilds is much more complex than most people believe. My understanding of that is just a drop in the bucket.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I would love to see a program by Lenore Crawford too. I love her work.

Hope the little one gets better soon.