Sunday, April 27, 2014

Purple Maze Binding Done

I was going to send Purple Maze out for binding but it needed to be done by the 30th to be entered into A Lovely Year of Finishes, I was #111 in the goal setting (Aqua button on the right) and Marilyn (who does a lot of my bindings) was out of town.  After church I sat down and just did it!  Feels good to have it complete.  Now I have a new quilt for our bed as well as a new one for our guest room when we move.  Will have to make matching pillow cases and shams but the quilts are done.

Colors are richer than they look on film
I found out last week that I don't have cancer on my face.  I burned my cheek pretty badly about a month ago and had forgotten about it when I went to my dermatologist for my yearly visit.  He asked what the dry spot on my cheek was and I declared I had no idea.  Since I have had a melanoma, they are extra careful so before i could think he had me lie down and had the needle out to numb my cheek. It hurt so badly that tears were streaming into my ears.  He then did a biopsy and sent me home.  It was several days later that I realized what had happened.  My doc had just biopsied the last evidence of my burn.  I had a good laugh at myself-but I will never tell my doc the truth.

3 comments:

cottonreel said...

really lovely , well done

magnoliasntea said...

Oh wow, Elaine, this is an interesting quilt pattern, and I love the purples and greens. You are so FAST! :)

Wendy said...

great finish, well done for meeting your goal.