Tuesday, April 22, 2014

"Your Love is Moosic to My Ears"

I am finally back to my cow quilt.  I finished Purple Maze and will post pics when I get the binding on it.  I have agonized over the quilt that the lamb (who is supposed to be me) is wearing.  I wanted it to look like a quilt and drape like a quilt.  I checked out Ruth McDowell"s piecing workshop book at our guild and there was my answer.  It took a day to transfer my design to freezer paper, add a quarter inch to each piece and sew 2/3's of it together.  Can't wait to finish it (lamb quilt) this afternoon.  I still need to paint lamb's face, add a plane, banner, corn, and back end of a Harley.  I am teaching a "What's Your Story" class in August at The Crazy 9 Patch in Ramona based on Mary Lou Weidman's "Out of the Box With Easy Blocks" and need to finish this quilt and one that I have just done the borders for: "Why Make Cookies when You Can Make a Sugar Cube Castle".  I am excited to be able to teach another class at The Crazy 9 Patch in addition to a return of the Exploring Color workshop in May.

Those red and black hanging things are notes and will be connected before done.  Got last 2 borders attached, removed 1 missplaced note, added Harley patch, and made great progress on lamb quilt

Last 1/3 laid out on original pattern.  I was able to turn my plexiglass machine surround and an OTT light to make a light box to easily transfer pattern to shiny side of freezer paper
Going to UFO today to look for fabric to recover my couch.  Gotta run!

1 comment:

magnoliasntea said...

Your Love quilt is really, really cute. And I think the quilt on the lamb is just perfect. It looks exactly like it is wrapped around it. Can't wait to see it finished. Have a great week!