Thursday, June 5, 2014

HSTeria Challenge

So this week's project is from the Tiny Treasures class (again).  It seems we work a lot with HST's.

This is the pattern by Kathleen Tracy-finishes 17x17

These are my fabrics-the baskets will be the bright batik
I took a blowup of the fabric pattern and hope to do something in the border with it.  My goal was to take the rather homely gray flowered fabric found at a yard sale and make something attractive out of it using fabrics from my stash and a couple newly bought (salmon and turquoise).  The fun part of this class is that I can experiment and do things that I never would do with a big quilt.  Click the HSTeria button on my sidebar to see what others are doing.

1 comment:

Quiltedtime said...

I love your color choices. Isn't it fun to challenge yourself and find a way to use a piece of fabric that doesn't seem to go anywhere?