Friday, November 22, 2013

Finishes this Month

My DIL wanted me to make a laundry basket to match Sloan's room so I took home the pink one and made the yellow polka dot one yesterday-all French seams and kind of a complicated construction.  Also finally finished THE TREE!  Lastly, I sewed the leather handles on my purse last night-so 3 things done!

Front of bag using pockets from my old Levis

Back of bag

Side showing hardware
I like the design of this purse.  My friend made a pattern for a smaller version which I am going to borrow becaue this is a little large for me as an everyday purse-but it will be perfect for a carryon.

Finished gathering the fabric for Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice Mystery scrap quiltalong that starts Nov. 29th.  Had to buy 4, 1/2 yd background pieces for variety-everything else I had in my stash. 3 years ago I didn't have a stash-scary.

Love these colors!


Got to get ready for a day out with my friend, Chris!  have a blessed weekend!

Tomorrow I need to start the  samples for the Color Theory class that I need to name something else or no one will sign up:)

4 comments:

magnoliasntea said...

Your purse looks great! Love the hardware, it's perfect for the design.
I'd like to participate in Bonnie's mystery quiltalong, but...there could be curves, then I'd just die because I wouldn't be able do it. Ah well. Have a great weekend!

Quiltedtime said...

I am glad you finally finished that purse. It was breaking all of your needles! I think the frustration was worth it. Delightful!

Your fabrics for your mystery quilt are wonderful. I have never made a mystery quilt before, but from your fabric choices alone, it should be beautiful.

Joyce said...

Your purse is wonderful, Elaine! I am envious of those who can do such work. I sew but can't seem to follow purse directions (or any directions it seems). Thanks for sharing your colors from your stash too. Enjoy! Joyce

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Call it "Exploring Color". That should grab a few students.