Saturday, December 22, 2012

Dear Jane progress

Yesterday I printed out 12 cutting and template patterns for Dear Jane. The day after Christmas I will prep the 12 blocks so I have some hand sewing at night. I have finished 11 blocks. Forgive the glare of the baggie. Each block is put into a baggie and attached to the pattern to protect and identify it for later assembly. The block with purple will have to be an inner block (I will have a purple row inside the quilt)as the outer perimeter is all creams, browns, golds and blacks. My goal is to have 26 done by the end of February. I could have more but I need to make a nursery ensemble for our newest granddaughter and a bedroom remake for our Ava by mid February as well as a Turtle quilt for our Kids. Yikes!!! The 1/2 square triangles in the top block are finished at 3/8" inch so I am forgiving my one wonky one.



I have decided that 2013 will be dedicated to making a few seasonally thematic quilts for moi-since I have but one of my own quilts:)

I have added 2 new buttons to this website. As I find interesting blogs I want to pass them on to you. One has a great sewing machine cover on it-beats my pillowcase cover:)

No comments: