Saturday, May 11, 2013

1/2 to go!

I am hoping to finish the last block today.  If I do I am also hoping to get the black corners and colored centers ironed onto the thin iron on interfacing and cut out so I can get the center of the quilt sewn together this next week-then I can think about the borders.  Well, I have already been thinking about them-now need to draft them!  I think I am going to like this but I really don't know yet-It is so different than what I have done in the past.  I also need to clean house a little this morning.  Worked yesterday so everything got bumped a day.

Today I am glad to be alive, glad to have a life that I am happy to wake up to every day.  Yesterday my neighbor's son shot himself in the head in front of his wonderful parents.  He has survived but will probably be brain damaged.  He is a troubled young man and my heart mourns with his mom and dad.  It is such a sad situation.  He wouldn't get help before-now, if he is cognizant enough, he will be forced to get it. If you are reading this and believe that prayer changes things-please pray for Neil.

Have a day full of blessings.


2 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

I can't believe how quickly you have worked through these blocks. They look so complex.

Yes, we should always be grateful for the good things--and sometimes the annoyances--in life. I am still rather mystified in regards to all the violence we witness and hear about nowadays. I know that the media tends to make things sound worse, but I really don't think that were had as much of those sorts of things happening even 20 years ago. Sending prayers to your neighbors and all that are affected in their tragic situation

magnoliasntea said...

Hi there, Elaine, your blog is lovely! What a quilter you are, those blocks are unbelievable. I'm not a quilter, just a dabbler in whatever catches my fancy. ;)
Have a wonderful day!