Saturday, July 27, 2013

Almost a Quilt!

I needed to go to the Crazy 9 Patch yesterday to get some green for Sloanie's quilt.  A block for our 2014 opportunity quilt was turned in and given to me (I am coordinating the making of it) and instead of coming home and cutting out the green, I put together the middle of the quilt-It is going to be beautiful!

Vera Mosquera's Enchanted Autumn
The panels are straight-it is just laying on a bed as my design wall is 3 layers deep:(.  I will embroider "Enchanted Autumn" under the house-don't think I will add the date there.

Then I found "24 Hours" on Netflix and watched 7 episodes while I almost finished sewing Sloanie's top together.  I had never watched the show and -except for the fact that it shows the darkest side of humanity-it kept me on the edge of my seat.

Sloanie's animal quilt
Today i am off with a friend to a $10.00 "What's New in sewing and quilting today" class that include's lunch at Poway sewing.  I wonder what they will try to sell us:)

2 comments:

magnoliasntea said...

Wow, both quilts are beautiful, but I especially like Enchanted Autumn.
Hope the class was fun.

Quiltedtime said...

Super job on Sloan's quilt. Scrappy but all the prints still going the right way.

You are going to have a hard time turning loose of that opportunity quilt.