Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Back in Business-or Out of It


When I was a potter years ago-I wasn't content to just make things for myself and friends, I had to take the Potter's Clay to all the juried and non-juried venues from San Diego to Nevada. Before that my friend and I made silk screened onesies in tie dye that we took to various shops.  I started an ETSY business as soon as I retired (now closed) and thought I would do the craft show circuit again and quickly realized I just don't want to make things in bulk to sell.  Lastly, While I still worked as a counselor, my friend, Ginny and I started College Application Process Made Easy (CAPME) and had summer and fall workshops for the last four years. Today we will close the bank account and fold up our awning.  It was a lot of fun working with Ginny and we provided a good service and I am proud of what we accomplished but I am really glad to be done with ALL marketing and business.  I really just want to quilt, hopefully teach classes and inspire others to make beautiful things. Today is a milestone.

While my computer was resting, I did work on a couple of things.  The Dear Jane workshop on Saturday produced 2 paper pieced 5" squares.


These are from the outside row that are all Black and tan



This is my plan diagram showing blocks done and color coding.  This may or may not work-we'll see.  In the meantime I am enjoying the process and am learning much about accuracy.

Speaking of accuracy-I finished block 4 in the Aiming for Accuracy quilt along.  This is my favorite so far.  It has been interesting to see all the different interpretations of this pattern from all over the world. Liking it so far.

Block 4 with sashing

This is how they relate to each other in the quilt-going to have to add pink somewhere else to keep that pinwheel block from screaming"PINK" so loudly:)

Yesterday I worked on curtains for Sloanie's room.  Need to stop at JoAnn's today and get some 1"ribbon to complete the yellow shade that will hang under the pleated top-also need to complete pleated top-then start on Ava's.  I was hoping to have it all done today-again I underestimated the time it takes to complete a project:(

Sloanie's curtain

Lastly but certainly the MOST fun-we had breakfast on our back patio with Bev and Dale-our good friends and partners in the Care Ministry at our church, Calvary Chapel.  We meet every 2 weeks to discuss the needs-and we manage to have a little fun in the process-sure going to miss these guys when we move-however, they just bought a new motorhome so they can come to Medford and we can go CAMPING with them.

Hmm . . guess who like waffles. . .

Bev just can't help herself-she must have clown genes:)

2 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

Your blocks are so precise and beautiful. The curtains for Sloan's room are the best!

magnoliasntea said...

Glad to see your computer is going again. Love those blocks, and the curtains are adorable.
You go, Bev! ;)