Sunday, September 29, 2013

Working on a project that is tedious

I took on a commissioned job last April and right now, I am sorry I did.  It is a little bit of a nightmare and I almost would rather do anything else but it.    That being said it needs to get done!  So, today, with clean studio, I hauled out the wedding tree.  I completed satin stitching the trunk a month ago.  The leaves have been an issue because they were frayed and flimsey.  I ironed on a thin stabilizer then wonder under.  Then I cut them all out again rounding the ends as I went.  that removed all the fraying and gave them body.  The 2 bluebirds and the embroidery of the 2 names and date of wedding come next then I need to machine applique the 75 leaves onto the tree.  Yikes!  What the heck was I thinking?

wEDDING TREE QUILT. A great idea-all the guests signed a leaf and they will be stitched onto the tree


Bluebirds will be machine appliqued on as well as embroidered with names of bride and groom


Approximately 75 leaves now ready for attachment to tree

Lastly a few Dear Janes completed this week



I used a pampered chef scraper to clean the teflon sheet-worked beautifully!


1 comment:

Quiltedtime said...

I was having similar thoughts about that project when you first shared it. In my case, I think I would be more invested in it if I had been the one working on it from start to finish. Kind of difficult to pick up where someone else left off.