Friday, June 28, 2013

Went on the San Diego quilt run today with 4 friends after water aerobics at 7am.  Too much fun.  I didn't spend much money (under 40.00) and got a modern looking angel quilt pattern




 and 1/2 yard Kaffe Fassett from Starry Night Hollow in Leucadia, some 1/8th yards for Dear Jane at Fat Quarter Quilt Shop in Vista, and 1 yard of a flowered batik




 at Quilt in a Day in San Marcos.  We ended the day at Annie's Quilting Den which isn't on the run but has some of the most beautiful fabrics and innovative designs.




I fought the desire to take a nap when I got home and finished the first block of the quilt along (15"), then I finished most (4 more to go) of  the rest of the border blocks for the Your love is Music to My Ears quilt.

I had planned to lay out the AfA block like the one on the left but changed my mind when I rearranged the block.

I don't normally care for a BOM type quilt but I like the design of this one from Michele Foster.  I used the Dragonfly ruler by Wendy Mathison to mark the 1/2 square triangles and it worked great. 


2 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

Those angels are really sweet! Simple but very effective.

I have always avoided those quilt runs and shop hops. I could never stick to a budget.

magnoliasntea said...

Love the Kaffee Fassett fabric!
The angels are adorable.