Monday, December 16, 2013

As predicted, cookie making and doctor's appt. took up the day but I did get 29 1/2 square triangle units sewn, ironed and trimmed.  It was 84 degrees today-give me snow!!!

These amazing little cookies are so good-a oatmeal cookie crust, caramel and pecan filling and chocolate and pecan top.  Our niece made the recipe the way it was intended-click here .  I tweaked it because it was so good and rich that a whole slice was too much-these, however are just right-a small bite of gooey goodness.  They keep well and freeze well for giving.  I made 4 larger ones to take on Christmas day as I am responsible for desserts for the 8 of us.  I stick to 4 different cookies, make double batches and we combine them with a plate of deviled eggs and take to our doctors.  I make small gift plates of cookies and boxes of home made dog cookies for our neighbors.  I love this time of the season-this week will be busy but next week will be nice and calm-time to reflect on the reason for the season.

     I
Turtle Tarts in process I ended up finishing most of them today-will show pics tomorrow.

1 comment:

magnoliasntea said...

My word, pass me a large one, please. O.O