Friday, December 6, 2013

Jury is in!

The trip to Medford was wonderful but it was unplanned and cut into my Christmas gift making time by a week i couldn't afford to lose-so, I didn't get anything on my list completed.  I am going to finish them when I get home and they will get them before Christmas. This is the skirt:

A cheater panel but a really nice one bought at M&L fabrics in Long Beach for.  The backing fabric was bought at a yardsale.  It is red and white holly and a Hoffman piece.  I need to finish outline quilting the birds and bind it in red so it can be reversible as the stitching doesn't show on the back.
Backing

This morning I went to a wonderful 2 hour class taught by Tracy Potter who is a wonderful artist and taught us to use Inktense Watersoluble Ink Pencils.  What a great 2 hours.

Tracy Potter and all her teaching stuff

Tracy's work

I love this-i am going to make my own version with:


This photo-who couldn't love this face?


Teacher in action

My results after 3 hours:




2 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

I wouldn't be able to resist that pup's face, either. I am partial to animals that are speckled and spotted.

magnoliasntea said...

I think your doggie would make a great subject for a quilt. So cute! Hope you're having a great weekend.