Thursday, December 19, 2013

I get More Done When I Work

I must be a time waster, thrower awayer, squanderer, tosser because when I work, I seem to get as much done as when I don't.  Yesterday I worked from 8-3 stopped by the store on my way home and took a nap off and on during Judge Judy.  Greg made a nice dinner from the leftover chicken I made the night before and after dinner I made 5 dozen deviled eggs (they were already boiled and peeled). After cleanup I sewed 15, 1/2 square triangle units, trimmed them, put 4 more pinwheel squares together, and then cut out all of the purple (198 pairs) for the first block of the Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt while watching TV with Greg. 

I have to say, the amount of pieces in the BH quilt are a little overwhelming to me.  The love of the colors will keep me going:)

Block 3

Block 1 of Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt

Got these done tonight-like the white/purple better than orange/purple

It has been fun being at a school site the week before Christmas break. Little gifts being scurried about by little beings-well, since I am at a high school-maybe not so little but it is a lot of fun.  Greg took all the eggs and cookies to their designated recipients-not sure if I will get dog cookies done or not-maybe not?

3 comments:

magnoliasntea said...

Oh yeah, I noticed you just don't get a thing done, Elaine, lol.
Really, big LOL! O.O I wish I got as much accomplished.

All of your blocks look good. I can't wait to see how it comes together. It's way too much for me, though. I'm glad I started it anyway because I've already learned a few things I didn't know. I'm looking for an easier quiltalong now.

Have a great weekend!

Joyce said...

I love seeing it as you go along, Elaine. You are encouraging me that it can be done a little at a time. I tend to only work in huge spurts, and then nothing for quite some time. It's going to be beautiful! I think you're right about working in between other things though. Sometimes it is amazing how much can get done in just a short time. (and how much one can ignore that needs doing…)

Quiltedtime said...

Your blocks look great. I think you have the pattern figured out better than most. One of my friends has had to rip a bunch of hers apart already. Some confusion about how the pieces were supposed to go together.