Friday, December 27, 2013

Day after Christmas Shopping

The stores have ruined Black Friday shopping for my friend, Chris and I.  We used to leave at 6:30 for stores opening at a reasonable hour-7am.  With our lists, coupons and cell phones in hand, we would hit the mall and conquer in about 2 hours.  We would then meet at Starbucks-see what bargains each other got and either go back for another round or go to our favorite breakfast place and split a German apple pancake with cinnamon syrup, go back home and take a nap-always home before noon and never any crowds until we hit the Pancake Haus.  So, I didn't do Black Friday this year and we went out yesterday instead.

I found 3 beautiful very large and heavy round, oblong and bell shaped ornaments for our son's outdoor decorating.  They were originally 20.00, 18.00 and 17.00 and I paid less than 10.00 for all 3.  Our kids will love them.  Found 2 pairs of Clarks shoes that I love for 25.00 each-regularly 65.00 a pair and a few stocking stuffers for next year.  We had breakfast and were home by 11am.  Expected crowds but there were none.

I sewed for a couple of hours yesterday and for about 3 today.  Slow going on BH-I think I have said that before.

Clue 3 and 4-3 is finished (25 pinwheels) 4 is 1/2 done with 60 4 patches finished and trimmed

Clue #1  Left is 1/2 done (a little over 100 and I need 190) and clue 5 is started with the 1/2 square triangles-all of these blocks will be trimmed tonight as I watch TV
I never used to trim my blocks-didn't know any better.  Now I really try to be pretty exact and even if I sew a perfect 1/4 in seam, I still need to trim.  It is making a huge difference in my finished product.

2 comments:

magnoliasntea said...

Yay for bargains! I didn't bother to go BF shopping this year, either. I think clearance sales are the best so I'll probably do that next week. Your CS is coming along nicely. Yours will be wonderful. Myself, I nearly swallowed my tongue when I saw clue #5, so many tiny pieces. I'm just not ready for that many itty bitty pieces. Have a great weekend!

Quiltedtime said...

Those crowds are too much for me. The only shopping I did was online. Lucky for you to find those Clark shoes--they rock! I have been hoping to find a certain style of Skechers on sale, but I don't think it is going to happen. Too popular.