Sunday, January 20, 2013

Seattle Event

I left San Diego last Saturday the 12th.  Our 2nd granddaughter, Sloane Elizabeth, was born on the 14th.  8lbs 15oz.  It was so neat being able to hold her hours after her birth.  Everyone doing fine.  Ava wants to "pet" her sister's head:) She was excited to be a "big" sister.


My DIL loved the seascape, the arms fit the chair and Ava liked her doll.  All in all a successful trip.  I came home late Wednesday night and had my eyes dilated on Thursday which put me out of commission for the day. Friday I worked on a Tea Topper for my friend, Chris.  She has had a "Sister's Tea" with her 2 sisters, all of their daughters and soon the grands will come. They spend a whole weekend together-as an only child, I think that sounds like sooo much fun-so, I made her a topper.  The plaid is because like me, my friend is Scottish (her mom was born in Scotland).  I will edge it in the plaid after I quilt it on the longarm tomorrow.

Scottish Stars and Scones
Close-up of star block
Eleanor was my first quilting teacher about 28 years ago
I am always surprised how different a quilt can look with a change of fabric. If I make this pattern again I would use a different material for the small squares and triangles so that the pieces wouldn't melt into each other-however, when quilted and bound I think I am going to really like it.

1 comment:

Quiltedtime said...

Congratulations! You must be on cloud nine!