Thursday, January 31, 2013

Current projects

At this moment in time I am working on several large quilts in progress.  "Home Sweet Home" is about 2/3 done.  All but one block is appliqued and I need to do the appliqued borders which will have the addresses of all my husband and my residences in San Diego, both singularly and collectively.  I bought San Diego Fabric for the backing and this will be our "San Diego Living" quilt.



I am also working on a batik quilt that has a  pattern called "Pies and Tarts".  It is an English paper piecing pattern that I am doing with an applique process using starch and a hot iron instead of sewing the material onto the pieces.  Then the pieces are stitched together in the traditional way. The border will either be appliqued vine with small English pieced tarts or piano tiles.  Just want to finish the 100 large and 100 small circles-42 finished as of today.  My goal is to have this done by June.  I have 2 circles that are off but I am leaving them!



"Dear Jane" is the third quilt that I work on regularly.  I do not expect to be done with that one until 2014.  I have approx. 20 out of 200+ blocks done-oh, my.  However, I am learning a lot and my piecing is improving tremendously working on 4.5 in. finished blocks. No current pics.

1 comment:

Quiltedtime said...

Your house quilt is definitely my favorite. So whimsical!