Friday, January 10, 2014

1st Quarter List for the Finish Along

This is my list of proposed finishes for January, February and March:

Tedi's 16 patch quilt-
4 placemats-borders need to be attached, quilted and bound
Makena's picture pillow-have material, backing and picture to work from-need to paint picture onto front
            and make into a pillow. 
Turtle Quilt- have pattern and all materials and have had for 2 years
T-Shirt Quilt for Ali
Basket Quilt-Handle That!
finish pink baby quilt

Tedi's quilt:


My niece wanted a neutral palette quilt in a simple pattern.  I chose the 16 patch and a 7x9 row layout.  I won't put a border just a dark binding. All but one of the fabrics are batiks.

I got all blocks finished today-63 in all.  I am working on trimming and stacking into rows top to bottom to sew together tomorrow.

Yesterday was a very productive day.  I packed two more large boxes of material and batting that I know I won't get to before we move.  I then put together all the materials I need for the projects I think I can complete before we go, cleaned out shelves and refolded fabrics.  It gave me a good idea of what I have and I feel so much better about my direction.

Katy Cameron is hosting this Finish along and you can see what others are doing:  http://thelittlestthistlecraftshop.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/finish-along-2014-quarter-1-now-open.html


I have a button on the right margin near the top  of the blog.

3 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

Your 16-patch is looking great. Sounds like you are feeling better?

Katy Cameron said...

Good luck with your list! I can't wait to see what a turtle and a cow quilt look like lol

magnoliasntea said...

The turtle quilt sounds interesting. Is it for a child? Tedi's quilt is looking great. Have a wonderful weekend!