Friday, January 17, 2014

Handle That!

I started going to a Tiny Treasures class once a month last November.  This was the quilt chosen for that month.  I missed December's and wanted to at least get the top done before Tuesday when we start on the next one.  We are using the book, "101 Fabulous Small Quilts"  put out by That Patchwork Place.  I think it will be a good way to test colors, contrast and texture without doing a large quilt. This will finish at about 22x28.  When the quilting is done, I am going to add more beads and ribbon to the one basket on the left-it is supposed to be autobiographical-a basket with attitude:)  Right now I am thinking a dark purple binding.

Used my first piece of hand dyed fabric (green) that I bought from Vicki Welsh on Etsy.  

Always one that walks to the beat of a different drummer


This was the original picture all in Civil War fabrics:


 This was on my 2014 list-so, even though I am out of order-i am still focused on the LIST!

5 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

Although I have never been a fan of basket quilts, I truly enjoy your interpretation of this one, Elaine. Your fabric choices are spot on.

Meg said...

This is one of my favorite designs for little quilts, along with the churn dash too! Sew Pretty!

Elaine said...

Thank-you! I have never made most quilts-just want to start checking off a few-never need to do a basket again:) I liked the end result.

magnoliasntea said...

Love those fabric choices, Elaine. And I admire those who walk to a different drum. They're the best!
Have a great weekend!

Vicki W said...

I love your more modern version!