Sunday, January 5, 2014

Free and Low Cost BOM's

I was just reading Julie's blog at The Crafty Quilter and she made a compilation of 2014 BOM's.  If you aren't in a guild or just enjoy the camaraderie of an on-line group, check out Julie's blog which you can find here.  Thank-you, Julie.  Some of them look wonderful and I have enjoyed the process in the past-but I am going to pass for this year (visualize me patting myself on the back:).  I have been up since 2am so my plans are just to get the shop sample done today-If I get any other sewing done (Tedi's Quilt) then good for me!  I will finish this post after I am done for the day-we'll see.

Well, I got the sample done:

I added the leaf afterall
Added pockets on both front and back flaps and a ribbon for keeping a place


 I also surprised myself and got 10 blocks sewn for Tedi's quilt:


I am hoping I can blend the grays in-I think I can




And I even got 19 blocks and ready to sew together-hopefully tomorrow.  No nap-hoping I can get  a good night sleep tonight.  Cough hasn't improved but I am getting a lot done!

I am loving that top combination

1 comment:

magnoliasntea said...

Hi Elaine, Your journal cover flower WITH the leaf looks great. Love those primary & secondary colors. Thank you for mentioning The Crafty Quilter. Popping over there now...