I haven't used a compass in over 20 years, but I dusted off my old art supplies box and there it was. I have the book, "Thoroughly Modern Dresden" which showed me how to make pointed ends on my petals-so I finished my flower and made a paper template. Then the scary part-to see if it worked-and it did-surprise surprise. I will finish putting the cover together tomorrow as now the hard part is done! I actually enjoyed the process-my first pattern:) I made the button from a circle fabric.
|I think this is why I bought EQ7 but this was less scarier|
|6 petals short of a full flower|
|I used an Australian B&W for the background -it is printed a little off kilter but I really like the movement. Stem is yarns and ribbon all stitched down with mono-filament. I think I have to add leaves-didn't want to but . . .|
This is my class demo cover that I posted awhile back. It was originally going to be the Store sample but then I thought people would be less likely to take the class if they didn't have border trimmings so i am using it for the demo to show them what other possibilities are out there. My blogging friend, Helen, made a different version of a notebook cover and you can see it over at her blog, Aunt Henny's Helen is in Australia and it hit 109 degrees there this last week-Happy Sweating new Year:)