Sunday, January 19, 2014

Tiny Treasures Little Red Schoolhouse

The Tiny Treasures class is Tuesday night.  Our block for this month is Little Red Schoolhouse-lots of 1in-2in pieces to precision piece.  I got most of them cut last night.  Today I'll make the template and cut the roofs.

This is the book example:
Quilt finishes at 16x16
For the most part, I am challenging myself to confine my fabric choices to my stash.  A couple of years ago, I went to a cute little shop in Columbia City, WA (a suburb of Seattle).  Sadly she just closed after 2 years.  I bought 3 or 4,  1/2 yds of french feeling fabric that was 1/2 off.  It has languished at the bottom of a drawer ever since.  These little houses reminded me of the little cottages along the railway that i saw from Paris to Versailles-so little Red Schoolhouses will now be Petites Maisons Roses (Little Pink Cottages). 

I have the theme, the project box:

Last night it was empty and open and our Bertha cat curled up in it and spent the night-should have gotten a picture as she barely fit.
And of course, the fabric (except for 1 piece of the quarter square triangles):


Voila!
I am really not a pink/black/grey girl, but my focus this year is to extricate myself from my box and make good fabric decisions whether it is my favorite fabric choices or not.  I liked the fabrics well enough to buy them and stuff them in my luggage afterall:)

The other very nice part about the Tiny Treasures club, is the friendships being formed.  The leader, Tracy Potter is a true Art quilter.  She has a real sense of good design and execution.  Some of my favorite people attend this class.

2 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

I have to admit that although pink is my favorite color, I am not really a pink/black/gray girl either. But, I really like your fabrics for this one.

Ulla's Quilt World said...

So lovely! :)
Greetings from Finland!
Hugs, Ulla