Thursday, January 30, 2014

January Finishes

It has been a productive month.  A Million and One Blocks is done and packed away for our move, Tedi's quilt is with Marilyn who does beautiful machine binding and I heard she just finished it.  I am sending a few quilts her way as it saves me so much time and I am really trying to finish my UFO's.  Handle That and Petites Maisons Roses are also with Marilyn waiting for their bindings.  I am starting the Turtle quilt today.

I had some good news yesterday.  Went to the ENT about the congestion I have had for almost a year now and it can be fixed.  It is a localized infection that antibiotics isn't touching so he will do surgery and remove it.  It is a 1 hour outpatient surgery and he said it was pretty common and he has been doing it for 24 years.  I will have it done the first of March.

Another piece of good news for me is that the class I am teaching on the 15th, Exploring Color is FULL.  I am pretty excited!  I need to get back to prepping for it as I am subbing the 3 days before the class.





Feels so good to be finishing something.  I have been working on Dear Jane, Home Sweet Home (finished after 2 years last Sept.), and Pies and Tarts for a couple of years.  They are all labor intensive and won't be finished soon.  Adding some quick finishes is satisfying!

I am participating in A Lovely Year of Finishes and the Finish Along 2014 to motivate me to finish those UFO's.  The buttons for those two finishes are located on the right side of my blog.


2 comments:

magnoliasntea said...

I'm so glad to hear you'll be getting relief from your congestion. That's great. Will pray all goes well. :)

Melissa said...

Congratulations on your finish and on the hopeful relief from your congestion!!!