Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Petites Maisons Roses

I had a free day today.  It had been booked but plans were cancelled-so I finished (except for the quilting) the little red schoolhouse quilt.  I added the 1/4 inch black border around the houses because there wasn't enough contrast with the hourglass blocks.  I used pigma pens for details in the windows and a piece of vintage linen for the bottom right one.  The binding will be the pink in the hourglass blocks.  It was really a lot of fun problem solving this little quilt.

I am going to stamp "Paris 2008" on the B&W check-bottom right in white.  My 3 friends and I went to Paris for our 60th B'days (except for Chris who was only 55.)

This is my favorite window treatment

4 comments:

Lyndsey said...

That's a very pretty quilt and I love the fabrics

magnoliasntea said...

This is an adorable little quilt! Love the black and white and pinks.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful piece and the black border is perfect for setting off the blocks! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Joyce said...

I love it! Just simply beautiful. Love it.