Sunday, January 12, 2014

Tedi's 16 Patch Ready for the Longarm

Up at 2am again.  Lots of Netflix and reading going on:)  I finished the top of Tedi's quilt, got the back ready and used a leftover piece for the lable.  Binding is cut-feels good.  My friends, one from Lancaster and one from El Cajon will spend a day with me at Quilter's Paradise renting the longarm.  Jan has a queen to quilt as well.  We need a good visit! if we don't finish both on Monday, I will have them help me load mine and i will come back Tuesday and finish.


On back patio in shade

Close-up

58x74-large enough that I won't add borders

Backing is a white on white with a paisley design-didn't have a large batik piece but I think the W on W will be fine-going with a medium thread on both sides so the quilting will show

Need one more border on these placemats and have 2 borders to put on the other 2-there were just enough end pieces to make four mats all a little different.
I also got 3 EPP pies prepped and 12 basket handles prepped with applique templates to finish a mini quilt for a class in 2 weeks.  Not at all tired-hope I can sleep tonight-but not before Downton Abbey!


4 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

Aren't batiks fun? They add so much interest. I really like the very subtle touches of blue. Your label is exquisite.

magnoliasntea said...

Wow, Elaine, that was really fast. The quilt top looks fabulous, and the label is perfect. Have a great day!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt and you know I love the batiks.....I even have that dark brown one and always enjoy using it!
Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Marcy said...

That's a wonderful quilt. The colors are amazing.